The Staged Inspection programme consists of 5 separate stage inspections
with the best
- Base stage: immediately before slab pour.
- Frame stage: when the frame is complete but before internal wall linings are installed.
- Lock-up stage: when external windows and doors are installed and the roof is on.
- Pre-painting stage: when construction is complete including cabinetry, but before painting.
- Building handover or practical completion: a detailed building inspection will be conducted once the builder is satisfied that the construction process is complete and after a final clean has been undertaken.
This is followed by an optional stage 6 inspection:
- Building warranty inspection: conducted within 6 or 12 months depending on your state as a follow-up second building handover inspection to detect defects, which your builder is obliged to rectify within warranty period (varies in each state). Note that the 6 year warranty period applies only to structural defects (again this varies in different states)
why use our service?
All of our inspectors have the essential skills and knowledge to carry out your inspection – they know how buildings go together and how they can fall apart.
get a quote
They are happy to explain their findings and answer your questions so you can make an informed decision about your purchase or construction project.
get a quote
We have also developed our own custom-built inspection report that can be completed on-site via an iPad, so you can be assured that it incorporates all the essential elements and photos needed for a thorough inspection.
get a quote
Buying our first home was easy after having Leading Building Inspections recommended to us. They came through with everything they had told us over the phone. Meeting us on time and walking through our home, not missing any detail as they looked through all areas of our home. A fully detailed report that night was sent through just like Leading Building Inspections promised they would. Showing us all areas which required immediate attention and other areas which were in perfect order. I will be buying another house in the next few years and I know who my builder inspector will be. Respectful, polite and down to earth and very educated in this industry describes the workers for Leading Building Inspections and I will be recommending there professionalism to many other friends who are also looking to buy a home.
Brodie and Hannah
We have used Adam Shaw from Leading Building and Pest Inspections on multiple occasions to conduct pre-purchase and pre-settlement inspections. It is of the upmost importance to us that these inspections are conducted thoroughly, and all defects are accurately reported. Adam’s approach is highly professional, extensive and always exceeds our expectations. The reports provided are comprehensive with pictures attached and are arranged in an easy to read chronological order. Adam also follows up after sending reports to ensure the all information has been understood and can provide clarity and further information on any defects or issues outlined within the report. Adam goes above and beyond for his clients, is highly professional and provides extensive and thorough reports. I strongly recommend Adam for anyone looking for a building inspector.
Jeff, Suburbanite Realty
We have been using leading building and pest for around 2 years now in that time I have found that they always go the extra yard and get the reports to me in a timely manner. We are property investors so it is important that the reports are accurate and on time. I would have no hesitation on referring them to anybody to Leading.
James Create Group