Welcome to Leading Building & Pest Inspections Fairfield
Leading PrePurchase carries out Building and Pest Inspections throughout all of Australia. At Leading, we understand the pressure and time restraints of purchasing a property and making the right choice, therefore we will further develop your understanding of buildings resulting in the best possible property decision.
As a result of our service innovation, our customers are now provided with a detailed building and pest inspection report that is unbiased within 24 hours of the PrePurchase inspection. Our building reports and pest reports are comprehensive and at the same time easy to understand and follow. They include a summary, conclusion and photographs.
Leading Building & Pest Inspections Fairfield believes that professional and well-mannered inspectors are essential in giving our customers the best possible home inspection. All Leading inspectors are highly trained, professional indemnity insured building inspection professionals. A Pest and Building Inspection is strongly recommended as it covers you for both timber pest issues and building defects.
What is inspected (where access is available)
- Roof – covering, sagging, drainage, flashings, gutters, skylight, chimney (visual only), fascia, barges, downpipes
- Exterior – drainage, wall cladding, trim, doors, decks, stairs, timber, windows
- Masonry – salt damp, rising damp, cracking, fretting, subsidence, mortar, damp proof course
- Attic – roof structure, signs of water leakage, access, party walls
- Interior – walls, ceiling, floors, doors, windows, cupboards
- Kitchen – cupboards, drawers, bench tops, sink, tap operation, visible plumbing
- Bathroom – tiles, caulking, grout, shower/screens, bath, vanity, toilet, tap operation, visible plumbing
- Fireplaces – hearth, mantle, vents, chimney (visual only)
- Structural (visible) – foundations and footings, framing (walls, floors, roof), lintels
- Subfloor- where access is available, cellars
- Insulation – batts, vapor barrier, down light shrouds, fire hazards
- Ventilation – roof, soffits, bathroom, laundry
- Plumbing – (visible plumbing only), water source , leaking pipes, drainage, related piping, water hammer, water pressure, tap operation and leaks
- Electrical – (visible electrical items only) switches, power points, lights
If access is possible we will check sub floor in timber floorboard constructions. Leading Building & Pest Inspections Fairfield also check fencing, retaining walls (under 700mm high), driveways, paving, pergolas, verandas, garages, carports, sheds, painting, privacy concerns and much more. We have experience with state-of-the-art moisture meter technology, which can detect rising damp and leaking pipes even behind tiles!
- An extensive and thorough pre purchase building / property inspection
- Pre purchase Pest inspections by qualified pest control technicians with advice for termite eradication and prevention systems.
- Detailed reports between 20 and 40 pages long with digital photos
Our inspections and reports are compliant with the Australian Standards, AS 4349.1 and AS 4349.3.